The Conservation, Food and Health Foundation seeks to protect pure resources, enhance the production and distribution of food, and promote public well being in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East.
The foundation helps construct the capacity of organizations and coalitions with grants that assist research or enhance the learning and generation of local solutions to advanced problems.
The foundation helps projects that reveal local leadership and promote professional growth in the conservation, agricultural, and health sciences;
develop the capability of local organizations; and deal with a particular problem or query in the field. It prefers to support tasks that deal with under-funded issues and geographic areas.
The foundation supports low- and lower-middle-income nations in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
It prefers to assist organizations located in low- and middle-income countries or organizations situated in upper-income countries whose actions are of direct benefit low- and middle-income nations.
The foundation doesn’t support the states of the previous Soviet Union or former Eastern Bloc countries.
Fields of Interest
The foundation helps special projects and packages of non-governmental organizations in three areas: conservation, food, and health.
Examples of areas of interest inside these fields follow, however usually are not meant to be exclusive.
Conservation grants assist enhance ecological and environmental circumstances in low- and middle-income nations.
The foundation helps field research and associated research activities, training, and technical help efforts that:
- help preserve ecosystems and protect biodiversity
- train local leaders in conservation and protection of sources, with an emphasis on technical and scientific training
Food grants assist research-based efforts to enhance food and nutrition security and improve pure resources and ecosystems. Areas of interest include tasks that:
- promote or develop particular sustainable agriculture practices with potential to advance science and follow in different countries;
- check and refine innovative education and training interventions for small scale farmers; and
- advance new approaches to manage pests and diseases affecting necessary food crops in low-income nations.
The foundation helps public health programs that target populations rather than people.
It funds programs that emphasize illness prevention and well being promotion over people who emphasize disease diagnosis, therapy, and care.
It helps research, technical help, and training projects that:
- enhance public health through community-based efforts that deal with health promotion, disease prevention, family planning, and reproductive health; and
- enhance the understanding and treatment of neglected tropical diseases
Types of Help
The foundation doesn’t provide general working support. It favors research, coaching, and technical assistance projects that:
- make use of and/or train personnel from developing nations
- are led by organizations with robust information of accomplishments in a specific discipline and have potential for replication
- deal with regional or cross-boundary issues and alternatives
- feature collaborative partnerships embedded in robust networks
- strengthen native management and scientific capacity
- affect public discourse and coverage
- deal with prevention fairly than remediation
- attract extra support and maintain promise for continuation or impact beyond the interval of foundation support
The Conservation, Food & Health Foundation doesn’t provide support for:
- buildings, vehicles, land purchases or capital enhancements
- direct medical care or therapy at hospitals or clinics
- medical gear for hospitals or clinics
- wells, pumps or water systems
- emergency aid or humanitarian help projects
- microenterprise, tourism, job training or non-agricultural livelihood tasks
- feeding or meals distribution programs
- tasks to improve farming for export crops
- basic farming, beekeeping, chicken, or animal husbandry training projects
- films, videos, books or web sites
- scholarships, fellowships, tuition or journey grants
- common operating support
- people, companies, churches, government, orphanages and humanitarian help companies
- Requests for COVID-19 prevention tasks and analysis usually are not a precedence.
The Basis will proceed to present priority to supporting innovations in household planning, health promotion, and illness prevention in other under-resourced areas.
The foundation helps most types of non-governmental organizations that may provide evidence of their nongovernmental standing or charitable purpose.
Typically, the foundation will assist:
- Non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- Nonprofit organizations
- Civil society organizations
- Neighborhood-based organizations
- Schools, universities and tutorial establishments
The muse doesn’t assist companies, authorities companies, humanitarian help organizations, different foundations or church buildings.
Learn how to Apply
The directors maintain a part-time workers in Boston, Massachusetts.
Employees present preliminary assessment of purposes and meet with applicants when necessary so as to gain an important perspective on a specific request.
Requests for meetings shall be honored by workers every time potential.
Correspondence and inquiries must be directed to:
Conservation, Food & Health Basis
c/o Prentice A. Zinn, Administrator
2 Liberty Sq., Suite 500
Boston, Massachusetts 02109