Alvernia University is pleased to announce that applications are now open for their Undergraduate International Students Scholarships are now open. Undergraduate Scholarships are offered to eligible international students around the world who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University. This opportunity is available for international students seeking a bachelor degree for the 2022/23 academic session.
The University offers a limited number of international scholarships to qualified undergraduate degree-seeking students. Interested students must complete a separate scholarship application in addition to an application for admission.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Alvernia University, USA
Host Institution: Alvernia University in USA
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Number of Awards: Several
Financial Benefit: $10,000 to $22,000 for each year as a merit award.
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Eligible Nationality: International Students
More About the Alvernia University Undergraduate International Students Scholarships
After being admitted to the university, undergraduate international students may apply for this scholarship opportunity, which consists of several levels of support ranging from $10,000 to $22,000 per year as a merit award. These scholarships are offered to both freshman international students and those transferring from another college or university located outside the United States.
These merit scholarships are renewable for four years (up to eight semesters), all in the same amount. Scholarships, including a government scholarship, therefore an applicant cannot apply for an Alvernia International Scholarship if they are already receiving another financial award.
More like this:
As an eligible applicant for Alvernia University Undergraduate International Students Scholarships, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Be a full time, degree-seeking undergraduate student attending mostly daytime classes.
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 overall cumulative GPA.
- Meet English Language proficiency (check below) and financial specifications.
All students who are non-native English speakers or come from a country where English is not the official language will be required to provide proof of English proficiency. Please use the CIA World Fact Book to verify if your country is considered an English-speaking territory. Students may take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to verify their own English Proficiency.
Minimum Score Requirements:
- TOEFL: 550 or higher for the paper-based test, 190-213 for the computer-based test, or 75-80 for the Internet-based test.
- IELTS: 5.5 or higher.
- DUOLINGO: 85 or higher.
English proficiency testing may be waived if a student has had at least two consecutive years of education in an American high school or institution of higher education. A transcript from the American school attended should suffice as proof of proficiency, unless otherwise determined by the Admissions Office.
You might also like:
- Anderson University International Scholarships
- The Science Ambassador Scholarship
- Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship
- University of Canada West Scholarships
- Brock University International Scholarships
The application is a form that the applicant must complete and submit to the Admissions Office in order to apply for a scholarship. You will have to send a message to this email: email@example.com to obtain this application after you are admitted to Alvernia.
All undergraduate students who wish to study at Alvernia University must complete an online admission application which can be done by clicking here.
Required Supporting Documents
- Official copies of all education credentials, such as high school transcripts or equivalent high school completion certificate.
- Foreign Credential Equivalency Report(s) of all documents must be submitted, with a copy of the original documents. Suggested agencies include World Education Services (WES), Joseph Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants (JS&A), SpanTran: The Evaluation Company and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
- Financial Statement via the International Student Certification of Finance.
- Two letters of recommendation are required, only if applying to the Nursing program. The letter writer must submit them to the Admissions Office on behalf of the student. The student cannot send their own copies of letters of recommendation.
Application Deadline: May 01, 2022