British Chevening Scholarships Overview
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations.
The programme presents awards to outstanding scholars with management potential from all over the world to study for a master’s diploma in any topic at any UK university.
Any college within the UK
Degree/Field(s) of study:
One year full-time taught Masters Diploma Programme in any subject. Use the course finder to search out eligible master’s degrees at each university across the UK.
Variety of Awards:
Around 1,500 scholarships globally will probably be offered.
The scholarships are focused to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official web site for full list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships at the end of this post.
A Chevening Scholarship usually covers college tuition charges, a month-to-month residing allowance, journey prices to and from the UK;
an arrival allowance, an homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa applications and a journey grant to attend Chevening occasions in the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you have to:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
• Return to your country of citizenship for no less than two years after your scholarship has ended
• Have completed all elements of an undergraduate degree that can enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application.
That is usually equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours diploma in the UK however could also be different relying on your course and university choice.
• Have a minimum of two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
• Apply to a few different eligible UK university courses and have acquired an unconditional supply from one of these choices by 13 July 2023.
Purposes for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, accessible by the ‘apply’ button in your country’s page.
The deadline for purposes is 1 November 2022 at 12:00 GMT (midday).
You will need to go to your individual country page on the official web site for detailed info on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Web site: http://www.chevening.org/