We would like to inform you that DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship which is now open for applications in Germany. This scholarship is available for international students who would like to pursue masters or PhD at the top Universities in Germany. DAAD scholarships cover monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
About DAAD Scholarship
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Well-trained experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
More like this:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Sussex MBA Scholarship
- International Remote Higher Education Scholarship
- Bilkent University Scholarship
- Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships
Host Institution: DAAD
Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
Study in: Germany
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- Finally, you can check here to see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
Required Languages: English or German.
- The language of instruction is English for international programs. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- The language of instruction is German for other programs. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
Duration of Program: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
Why you should Study in Germany
Located in the heart of Europe and without tuition fees, Germany is a great study destination. Read the following to find out five good reasons why Germany could be the perfect place to get your degree abroad:
1. Quality institutions: Germany is the most popular non-English-speaking study destination in the world and has some of the best ranked universities in Western Europe. In 2020, the Times Higher Rankings placed LMU Munich in 29th position in the world, Heidelberg University in 37th place and Humboldt University of Berlin in 49, while many other institutions are listed after 100.
Recognized by the Quality of its latest generation teaching and facilities, the German Government is also very dedicated to higher education. German state funds research projects are carried out every year, which allows students to carry out their own individual projects and cutting-edge research.
2. There are no tuition fees: You may have dreamed of studying in Europe, but you are worried about how you will finance your studies. Germany may be the right place for you! Studying undergraduate in Germany is FREE. Yes, you read it right! Even as an international student, you don’t have to pay fees or tuition fees, because in Germany the registrations are free of charge.
In fact, at the end of your undergraduate studies at a German university you can be chosen to pursue a postgraduate degree that is also free. Without tuition fees you can save extra money for accommodation, study material, socialization and know nearby places.
You might also like:
3. Job Opportunities: After graduation, international students can stay up to 18 months in Germany to look for a job, a generous amount of time compared to many other European countries, such as the United Kingdom, where they can be three months after graduation. In 2020, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) reported that about 50% of international students reside in the country after graduation, reflecting the appetite and demand to remain in the nation to work. Universities also have excellent links with companies, this gives them an advantage in the search for internships or placement.
4. Quality of life: Life as a student in Germany is undoubtedly impressive. Most major German cities such as Berlin, Munich and Hamburg are centers of culture, art and music. There is so much to see and do, no matter what your interests, this is the perfect place to be a curious international student.
If you are interested in sports, politics, history or art, you will find your niche market and a crowd with similar interests to yours. Due to a strong economy and infrastructure, it has a reliable, safe and fast public transport, which means that moving is very easy. During the day you can explore the impressive architecture, medieval castles and parks and at night enjoy the great life in the main cities.
5. International environment: Germany is a breeding ground for students and international multiculturalism. With so many university studies taught in English and no tuition fees, international students from all over the world are naturally attracted to the country. Last year, more than 300,000 international students studied in the nation and that amount is expected to increase even more. It is also located in the heart of Western Europe that allows easy access and travel to other countries in the area, where you can discover new cultures and visit places of interest.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible for DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD Germany:
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
Also check out:
- Marconi University International Scholarships in USA
- Ohio State University Grants and Scholarships
- University of Chicago Graduate Fellowship Program
- Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarships
- UFV International Excellence Entrance Scholarships
Application Procedure for DAAD Scholarship
To apply for DAAD Scholarship in Germany please follow the following:
As an eligible applicant, you will need to follow the step by step application procedure to successfully apply for DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD below:
Step by Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest through. (You can apply for maximum three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at this website) with the current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date. But when applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL ( The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
If you are wondering if you can apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship, the answer is yes. You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
NOTE: Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!
Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites. The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered. To know more about DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD in Germany, please visit the official website:
Deadline for DAAD Scholarship: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.