We are pleased to inform the general public that the Economic and Social Research Council at SOAS University of London UK is now open for scholarship.
On this note, all interested candidates are to note that competition for the above mentioned scholarship for October 2022 entry is now open.
SOAS is the world’s leading institution for the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
SOAS offers a truly global perspective. With its vast repository of knowledge and expertise on our specialist regions, SOAS is uniquely placed to inform and shape current thinking about the economic, political, cultural, security and religious challenges of our world.
- Applicants are also eligible for a studentship if they have been an ordinary resident in the UK for three years prior to the start of the studentship grant.
- The applicant applies for a studentship to start in October 2022; they must have resided in the UK since October 2015.
- If an applicant from an EU-country does not meet the residency requirements, they may apply for a “fees-only” studentship. These studentships will only pay the tuition fees for the studentship and will not pay a stipend.
- The applicant is from an EU-country, these three years may include time spent studying however if the applicant is from outside the EU (international), these three years cannot include time spent studying at a Higher Education institution
How To Apply/Guidelines for Application
Candidates should normally have a good UK Master’s degree (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant subject. In some cases, prior knowledge of a language may be necessary or advisable.
Are applicants are mandated to submit a brief research proposal .
Guidelines On How To Write A Research Proposal
When writing a research proposal, there should be a preliminary title for the research project. The writer should also be able to identify the main area of research (e.g geographical region, time-period and language).
comment critically on the existing literature and indicate likely sources for the research. Specific proposal requirements can be sought from the Department in which you are applying.
Visit The Official Site To Know More About this Scholarship
Guidelines For Applying For Mphil/PhD
To apply for an MPhil/PhD at SOAS we require a complete application form. Applications are not considered complete and will not be assessed by academic selectors if they are missing any of the following items:
- A formal application form
- A supporting statement
- An up-to-date CV or Resume
- A Research Proposal
- Full academic transcripts of your College/University studies to date (with official translations from the institution or provided by a recognized translator if not in English)
- Copies of your degree certificates(with official translations from the institution or provided by a recognized translator if not in English)
- Evidence of your English language proficiency or intention to take a recognized English Language Test
- Two academic references- confidentially submitted by your referees.
The Doctoral School will email you when your application is complete and has gone forward for consideration by the Department. Incomplete applications, missing any of the above elements, cannot be considered.