Fire Outbreak in UNIBEN Female Hostel

A female postgraduate hostel at the University of Benin was burnt down by a fire outbreak that took place at 1:00 pm, on Wednesday, on the 19th of April. Unconfirmed stories said the fire outbreak took place as a result of a power surge in one of the rooms in the upper story which increased to different rooms on the same ground.

Based on the reports, the incident interrupted the whole school functions, particularly for the students who were learning in their classrooms. Although there was no loss of life to the incident, all the rooms in the upper story were fully burnt as a result of the fire outbreak.

The fire was extinguished by a mixed crew of firefighters such as the Federal Fire Service, the Edo State Fire Service, and the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) Fire Service.

for more scholarship & educational updates, visit

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button