We would like to inform you that the Fulbright Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship which is now open for applications in USA. This scholarship is available for international students who would like to pursue masters and PhD studies at Universities and Academic Institutions in the United States of America.
The Fulbright scholarships program aims to provide opportunity to diverse groups of people to in the United States institutions of learning. Fulbright Foreign Student Program grants to people from economically disadvantaged groups, minorities and those from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. The scholarships offered covers full tuition fee, a living stipend, full accommodation fee, airfare and health insurance. The is a merit-based scholarship that provides up to two to five years of funding for graduate and PhD level study or research at a U.S. university.
Fulbright Scholarship Details
Host Institution: USA Universities and Academic Institutions. Check here for the available host institutions.
Study in: USA
Level of Study: Masters, PhD
Courses Offered: All fields, including interdisciplinary courses.
Duration of Program: Depends on the selected program.
More like this:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Sussex MBA Scholarship
- International Remote Higher Education Scholarship
- Bilkent University Scholarship
- Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships
About the Scholarship Sponsor
AMIDEAST continues today to support countless Fulbright students to experience the opportunity of exchange and successfully complete their grants in the United States. For over four decades, AMIDEAST has been placing students from across the MENA region into universities throughout the United States. It has been integral to the success of the Fulbright Program, serving as a convener of academic and cultural exchange and dialogue.
Fulbright Financial Benefit
Scholars under the Fulbright Foreign Student Program are provided with the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers tuition, a living stipend, airfare and health insurance, etc. The Fulbright program provides funding for the duration of the study.
- See the official website and country specific websites for the complete list of scholarship benefits (Check below to find both websites).
You might also like:
Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country. Please see the country specific websites (check link below) to find information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: International students from 155 countries around the world. You can check them through this link: Country specific websites
Application Procedure for Fulbright Scholarship
How to Apply
To apply to Fulbright program you need to assemble a variety of materials to help the USEFP assess your qualifications. All materials must be submitted with your application. There is no application fee for the Fulbright program. Remember, every applications must be submitted online.
Take GRE General Test and TOFEL:
- When submitting your application, you may report the unofficial GRE score given on the day of the test, or your official score if you have received it
- Every applicant must request that ETS send an official score report directly to USEFP using the code 9388.
- GRE general (international) test scores are required at the time of application. A decent score for Engineering and Sciences on the GRE is 315+ and that for other fields is 310+. GRE subject test is not required.
- Although generally, accepted applicants have a GRE score in the upper percentiles, the minimum GRE score required to apply for the Fulbright is 138 for verbal and 136 for quantitative. If you take the GRE test multiple times, you may report your best score, and Fulbright will only look at that score.
- TOEFL is NOT required at the time of the application submissions. You will have to take the TOEFL exam if you are called for an interview. IELTS is not acceptable.
Also check out:
- Marconi University International Scholarships in USA
- Ohio State University Grants and Scholarships
- University of Chicago Graduate Fellowship Program
- Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarships
- UFV International Excellence Entrance Scholarships
- Prepare Academic Transcripts and Degrees: All transcripts and degrees from a 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent – equivalent programs include international three-year bachelor programs or ACCA. PhD applicants must also submit their MPhil or MS degrees and transcripts. You can also apply while in your final year of undergraduate studies provided that you get your degree by December this year. The USEFP will take a look at your transcripts from a holistic perspective, not just your GPA. They take into account where you went for your education, the courses that you took and your performance in individual courses. They also account for the fact that different universities have different grading systems. There is no minimum GPA to apply, although most successful Fulbright students have strong undergraduate records. Undergraduate academics are just one factor the Fulbright panel uses to evaluate a candidate.
- Prepare Two Essays: There are two essays for the Fulbright application. Each essay must be written in the space provided in the application form, which approximates to 800 words. Don’t over craft your essays; just write in a clear language so that the Fulbright panel that doesn’t know your world can understand you better. Before starting the essays you are going to need to figure out a marketing strategy for yourself. Successful applicants generally take 4-6 weeks writing and perfecting their essays.
- Three Recommendation letters are required: You will need to have three recommendations submitted with your application by the application deadline. You can have 3 academic reference letters, or 2 academic and 1 professional or 2 professional and 1 academic. In other words, 1 academic reference letter is a must. Your referees need to fill the reference forms given in the application package and then sign, stamp and seal them in an envelope. Once you submit your online application your referees will be sent an online form via email. There is no set formula for “who should write your references”. Sometimes it is also not possible to ask your employer to write your recommendation – USEFP does not want to jeopardize your current position for the application process. Just find people who know you well enough to answer them. It can be a former employer, teacher or researcher.
- Prepare Academic Resume: A current and most up-to-date resume should be added to the space provided on the application form. You do not need to have it in any special format.
After your written application has been submitted and reviewed, you may be invited to a panel interview. Interview decisions are made by mid-September and interviews are conducted in October. If you do not hear from USEFP by October it automatically implies that you have not been selected. The interview is a positive indicator of selection, but is not a guarantee of admission. Interviews are 15 to 30 minutes and are conducted by a panel of 4 people. You have to take your TOEFL registration slip with you on the day of the interview and it is not mandatory to have taken the TOEFL exam by the interview date.
We recommend you visit the official website below and the country specific websites as well for detailed information on how to apply for the scholarship:
Fulbright Application Deadline: The Fulbright Scholarship 2022-2023 deadline varies for each country. But it is generally between February to October every year.