We would like to inform you that applications for the McDonald Fellowships 2022-2023 are now open for international students. These are fully funded scholarships which are available for masters and PhD studies. The fellowship consists of a two-year grant, around £30,000 GBP per year, to cover travel and living costs, and an additional contribution of £2,000 GBP per year to the host institution.
The McDonald Fellowship enables early career multiple sclerosis researchers from low- and middle-income countries to work in a research institution outside of their own country. Following the award, we expect applicants will be able to use the newly developed expertise and networks, continuing to undertake MS research and/or patient care in low-income and middle-income countries.
Level of Study: Masters, PhD
Host Institution(s): McDonald
Study in: Can be Neighboring country or the participant’s home country
Opportunity Focus Areas: Multiple Sclerosis
Program Period: Two years
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: International students from low or middle-income countries
More like this:
More About the McDonald Fellowship
The McDonald Fellowship enables early career multiple sclerosis researchers from low- and middle-income countries to work in a research institution outside of their own country. We are open to applications for virtual or local projects to overcome the travel restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. During the visit or virtual project, participants either gain expertise or carry out parts of joint research projects.
Following the award, we expect applicants will be able to use the newly developed expertise and networks, continuing to undertake MS research and/or patient care in low- and middle-income countries.
The fellowship consists of a two-year grant, around £30,000 GBP per year, to cover travel and living costs, and an additional contribution of £2,000 GBP per year to the host institution. For 2022 we are more flexible on the use of funds if virtual projects are proposed.
Provided that it is safe to travel amid the pandemic, we expect that part of the second-year grant to the host institution will be used to cover the candidate’s expenses to attend the annual congress of ECTRIMS, the European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS.
McDonald Fellowships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- A fellow will be receiving £30,000 GBP per year living and travel expenses.
- A fellow’s institute will be receiving £2,000 GBP.
You might also like:
- Anderson University International Scholarships
- The Science Ambassador Scholarship
- Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship
- University of Canada West Scholarships
- Brock University International Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for McDonald Fellowships
To qualify for McDonald Fellowships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- A candidate has to be at least a Master’s student or PhD. or MD.
- A candidate is also eligible if he or she is working on multiple sclerosis in another country that is a low or middle-income country.
- Since the application will be joint by the applicant and host institute, a candidate has to select before applying his or her host institute either in their home country or neighboring country if traveling is allowed.
- Working or studying in a low- or middle-income country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank) at the time of nomination
- Working or studying in another country on a project which started within the six months prior to nomination
- Studying in another country on a project supported by an MS International Federation grant
Country to be studied in
The McDonald Fellowships 2022 is to be studied in any of the countries below:
Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA, Vietnam.
Also check out:
- Marconi University International Scholarships in USA
- Ohio State University Grants and Scholarships
- University of Chicago Graduate Fellowship Program
- Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarships
- UFV International Excellence Entrance Scholarships
Application Procedure for McDonald Fellowships
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for McDonald Fellowships:
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- The Host needs to provide a supporting statement at the end of the application online.
- Add names and contact details of three referees, including the applicant’s current supervisor or employer
- Before the deadline, ask referees to submit reference letters to email@example.com.
Please visit official website to know more about the McDonald Fellowships: Official Website.