The general public is hereby informed that the Gilman International scholarship is ongoing. The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a United States Cultural Exchange Program which provides scholarships to U.S. undergraduates with financial need for study abroad, including students from diverse backgrounds and students going to non-traditional study abroad destinations. Established under the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000, Gilman Scholarships provide up to $5,000 for American students to pursue overseas study for college credit.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) mission is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange that assist in the development of peaceful relations.
Eligibility for Gilman International Scholarship
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be an undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions)
- Be receiving a Federal Pell Grant or provide proof that he/she will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of his/her study abroad program or internship
- Be in the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program of at least two weeks for community college students and three weeks for students from four-year institutions, in a single country and eligible for credit from the student’s home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement
- Be proposing to study in a country not currently under a Travel Warning issued by the United States Department of State or otherwise determined ineligible for program participation.
Application Procedures For Gilman International Scholarship
All eligible interested candidates can apply for Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship through the given link: https://gilmanapplication.iie.org/
Supporting Documents for Gilman Scholarship:
- Current University Transcript: One copy of your official undergraduate transcript from your current college or university.
- Transfer University Transcript(s): One copy of your undergraduate transcripts (either official or unofficial) from any previous institution you have attended listed in your application.
Gilman Scholarship Financial Aid and Award Money:
Over 2,900 scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded this academic year for U.S. citizen undergraduates to study or intern abroad. Award checks are sent approximately 2-3 weeks after your award documentation is complete.
Application Deadline of Gilman Scholarship:
The Fall 2022 application cycle is for programs beginning between July 15 and October 15, 2022.
To know more about Gilman International Scholarship, click here