Great Journalism Scholarship In Canada 2022
This is a great opportunity for all mass communication students who have skills in Journalism as there is a Canada Scholarship for them.
The scholarship aims to encourage and support all students in Canada with journalism skills by helping them with the costs of their education. Furthermore, the scholarship is intended to serve as a way to help prepare students for a career path in data journalism.
Also See: Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships For International Students
Best Steps to Apply to a Canadian University or College
OFID Scholarship Award for International Students
International Remote Higher Education Scholarships
Important Information On this Great
The Investintech – CAJ Data Journalism Scholarship is open to students who show an interest in data journalism. Eligible students must meet the following requirements: – Majoring in a journalism program, working towards either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. – Currently accepted to or enrolled in a college or university in Canada. – Pursuing a course of studies leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism. – Non-journalism program students may apply, but will need to show evidence of their journalism skills and interest, such as having a published news story, or be working for a college publication, etc.
The winning submission will be one that shows strong data analysis skills combined with excellent storytelling techniques. Submissions must include: – An example of a work of journalism that shows the application of data skills – An explanation of what you did and how you did it, including the resources you used.
For submissions that were part of a group project, applicants must explain their role, the skills they used in fulfilling that role, and the specific parts of the story, or stories, that their contribution influenced. – An idea for a project you would like to work on, particularly if you had more data journalism skills. Include a link to a dataset that shows why the story is worth pursuing, and a link to a story you aspire to create or one that inspires you as a journalist. – A letter of support from an instructor or editor.
All interested candidates must be aware that this great CAJ Data scholarship is open to all students who show an interest in data journalism and in order to be eligible for this great scholarship.
- Majoring in a journalism program, working towards either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Pursuing a course of study leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in Journalism.
- Currently accepted to or enrolled in College or University of Canada
- Non-journalism program students may apply but will need to show evidence of their journalism skills and interest, such as having a published news story or be working for a college publication etc.
How To Apply For The CAJ Journalism Scholarship In Canada
All interested candidates are mandated to submit the following information along with their entry;
- Email Address
- Educational Institute
- Phone number
- Your Journalism experience: Internship, your school newspapers, relevant positions, blogs etc.
- program / Degree
- A short 100-200 words bio, profile picture, and 1-2 professional or social links
- Follow all submission rules and complete full details
- Submission must be in English or French
- The minimum word count for the written part of the submission is 500
- Creativity and style, coherence and readability
- Effective use of data, visualizations, and medium being used.
- Previously published materials can be submitted
- Strength of the topic and the applicants work
More Award Details
|Number of Awards||1|
|Includes||Free one year membership with the CAJ and one free pass to the annual CAJ national conference|
To Know about this Scholarship Click on this Great Official Link