This is a great opportunity for all mass communication students who have skills in Journalism as there is a Canada Scholarship for them.
The scholarship aims to encourage and support all students in Canada with journalism skills by helping them with the costs of their education. Furthermore, the scholarship is intended to serve as a way to help prepare students for a career path in data journalism.
Important Information On this Great
The Investintech – CAJ Data Journalism Scholarship is open to students who show an interest in data journalism. Eligible students must meet the following requirements: – Majoring in a journalism program, working towards either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. – Currently accepted to or enrolled in a college or university in Canada. – Pursuing a course of studies leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism. – Non-journalism program students may apply, but will need to show evidence of their journalism skills and interest, such as having a published news story, or be working for a college publication, etc.
The winning submission will be one that shows strong data analysis skills combined with excellent storytelling techniques. Submissions must include: – An example of a work of journalism that shows the application of data skills – An explanation of what you did and how you did it, including the resources you used.
All interested candidates must be aware that this great CAJ Data scholarship is open to all students who show an interest in data journalism and in order to be eligible for this great scholarship.
- Majoring in a journalism program, working towards either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Pursuing a course of study leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in Journalism.
- Currently accepted to or enrolled in College or University of Canada
- Non-journalism program students may apply but will need to show evidence of their journalism skills and interest, such as having a published news story or be working for a college publication etc.
How To Apply For The CAJ Journalism Scholarship In Canada
All interested candidates are mandated to submit the following information along with their entry;
- Email Address
- Educational Institute
- Phone number
- Your Journalism experience: Internship, your school newspapers, relevant positions, blogs etc.
- program / Degree
- A short 100-200 words bio, profile picture, and 1-2 professional or social links
- Follow all submission rules and complete full details
- Submission must be in English or French
- The minimum word count for the written part of the submission is 500
- Creativity and style, coherence and readability
- Effective use of data, visualizations, and medium being used.
- Previously published materials can be submitted
- Strength of the topic and the applicants work