IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program
This is to inform the general public that the International Mathematics Union (IMU) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates. The IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarships for international students who would like to pursue their PhD studies.
About the International Mathematical Union Scholarship
Nominees must have a consistently good academic record and must be seriously interested in pursuing a career of research and teaching in mathematics. Professional mathematicians are also invited to nominate highly motivated and mathematically skilled students from developing countries who plan to complete a doctoral degree in a developing country, including their own home country. International Mathematical Union Scholarship value is up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year and cover tuition fee, accommodation, travel expenses and living expenses.
It is the hope of the donors, the International Mathematical Union and The Friends of the International Mathematical Union that the fellowship helps educate the next generation of mathematicians and hopefully results in extended benefits to the home countries of those chosen for the fellowships.
More like this:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Sussex MBA Scholarship
- International Remote Higher Education Scholarship
- Bilkent University Scholarship
- Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships
Host Institution: International Mathematical Union
Level of Study: PhD
Study in: Any country
Opportunity Focus Areas: Mathematics
Required Language: English.
Eligible Countries: All world countries
Duration of Program: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program
To qualify for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Students cannot apply themselves for the fellowship.
- Professional mathematicians (including those who have superannuated, but continue to mentor young students). It is preferable that the nominator has been mentoring the nominee.
- The student must be resident and a citizen of a developing country.
- The student must either be pre-accepted to join a doctoral program in the first academic year after the time of selection in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country or already be enrolled in a doctoral program in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country.
- There is no age limit for the student.
- Nomination for women students is strongly encouraged.
- The fellowship will be sanctioned for one year at a time and is renewable annually, based on satisfactory progress of the awardee and will cease to be awarded when the awardee completes the doctoral program or at the end of four years, whichever is earlier.
You might also like:
As already stated earlier, IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program value is up to a maximum of USD 10,000 for each year. In addition, the following expenses are covered by the grant for the recipients:
- Full tuition fee
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses to the host institution (if different from the home country)
- Basic living expenses that will depend on the cost of the living of the country in which the student will study his/ her doctoral program
Application Procedure for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program
As an eligible applicant, you will need to follow the instructions below to successfully apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program:
(1) Register on the International Mathematical Union Platform through this link.
(2) Fill in the Online Application Form through the same link after registering.
Also check out:
- Marconi University International Scholarships in USA
- Ohio State University Grants and Scholarships
- University of Chicago Graduate Fellowship Program
- Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarships
- UFV International Excellence Entrance Scholarships
Prepare the materials required for the selection process: (Only files in PDF format can be uploaded.)
- Statement from nominator
- Scanned copy of student (nominee) passport.
- Official letter of pre-acceptance in the PhD Program.
- Budget of total expenses requested.
- PhD Supervisor CV.
- Research Project.
- Two letters of recommendation which both cannot come from the nominator.
- Transcripts of coursework (certified copies (e.g. stamped by the university)) of the student:
A) BSc degree or equivalent.
B) MSc degree or equivalent.
- Nominee CV.
- Nominee letter of motivation, research project and future plans of the student.
- Nominator declaration.
- PhD Supervisor declaration.
- Nominee (student) declaration.
For further details about the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, please visit the official website through this link.