We are pleased to inform the general public about the International Scholarship for excellence which is offered to 10 highest-achieving international students studying Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in Australia.
If you have an ATAR of 98.00+ or equivalent, you will be automatically considered for this scholarship when you apply for a Monash undergraduate degree through VTAC.
Other Criteria for scholarship for Excellence
Am I eligible? – You must be one of the following: – An International student You must meet the following criteria: Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in Australia – Intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
You must be studying in one of the following countries:
March 31; July 31; October 31
You must be from one of the following countries:
Number of Awards
You must be studying one of the following:
Benefits -$10,000 per annum (48 credit points of study), up to a maximum of four years. -An invitation to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students. -Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional activities Number offered -10 scholarships available per year.
Selection criteria for this international scholarship for Excellence
- Based on academic achievement.
- Current students must have achieved a minimum weighted average mark of 85
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (500 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
- You will be required to participate in at least three Marketing and/or Scholarship promotional activities, which include attending official scholarship functions and participating in marketing activities and networking events.
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Intending to enroll full-time in undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- For commencing students, you must have received a Monash offer.
- For current students, you must have completed a minimum of two semesters in Australia
- Current students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course must have completed at least three semesters.
- Note: You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are studying Australian Year 12. You may be eligible for the Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence.
- Are commencing in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD). You will need to complete three semesters and apply as a current student.