The members of the public are hereby informed of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Nurture Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)” which was launched in May, 2008.
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at secondary stage.
Nurture Scholarship amount
Scholarship of Rs. 12,000/- per annum (Rs. 1000/- per month) per student is awarded to selected students every year for study in classes from IX to XII in State Government, Government aided and local body schools.
- Anderson University International Scholarships
- The Science Ambassador Scholarship
- Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship
- University of Canada West Scholarships
- International Remote Higher Education Scholarships
- Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- are eligible to avail the scholarships. There is reservation as per State Government norms. From the year 2021-22, income ceiling has been raised to Rs 3.5 lakh per annum.
- The students shall have minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- The students should be studying as regular student in government, local body and government-aided schools. The students studying in “Kendriya Vidalayas and “Jawahar Vavodaya Vidlayas” are not entitled to get scholarship under this scheme. Similarly, those students studying in Residential Schools run by the State Government Institutions, where facilities like boarding, lodging and education are provided and students studying in private schools are also not eligible for the scholarship under this scheme.
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the candidate must have scored at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST.
- The scholarship at the Secondary and higher Secondary stage or equivalent Classes IX to XII is payable for a maximum period of four years for studies in India only.
The selection of students for award of the scholarships is made through an examination conducted by the State Governments. The States/UTs are already conducting the examination for nominating the students for the national level (second stage) examination conducted by the NCERT. The same examination shall be used for selection of candidates for the award of Means-cum-Merit Scholarships in the State/ UT.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for aspirants pursuing graduation.
Scholarship Award: INR 20,000 Per Scholar
No. of scholarships: A total of 10 scholars will be chosen and INR 20,000 will be awarded per scholar
English Language Requirements: The applicants should have very good communication skill. Therefore, the application form should be written in English.
Scholarship Award to be decided based on applicants need.
Essential Documents Required
- Family income certificate
- Marksheets of last qualifying examinations
- ID Proof
Step 1: First of all, Visit the official website of the department.
Step 2: then Login/Register uses Facebook, Google Plus or Email account.
Step 3: After that pressed on ‘START APPLICATION’ to start filling the form.
Step 4: Fill in all the essential information and upload the documents required which is mention above.
Step 5: Finally ‘Submit’. Note and take print out for next process
Last date for receipt of application form: 31st December 2022.
Click here to Apply