The Shawn Carter Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for suitably qualified US students. The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living. All Shawn Carter Scholars are required to “return the favor” by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.
Host Institution: Any Accredited College in USA
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Study in: United States of America
Required Language: English Language
Eligible Countries: US citizen or Permanent Resident
More like this:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Sussex MBA Scholarship
- International Remote Higher Education Scholarship
- Bilkent University Scholarship
- Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships
More About the Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. By removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the SCSF plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet underserved youth and young adults.
SCSF attracts candidates from all backgrounds, nation-wide. They all have a compelling desire to pursue higher education, in spite of many personal, socio-economic setbacks, including teen pregnancy, former incarceration, interrupted schooling, poverty, and homelessness. They are hardworking, resilient and determined individuals who want to make positive contributions to their local and global communities, and they turn to the SCSF to make their ambitions and dreams possible.
The Shawn Carter Foundation
The mission of the Shawn Carter Foundation is to help individuals facing socio-economic hardships further their education at post-secondary institutions. Each qualify students will get individual grants that can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses. If you are a high school senior, you can apply today for Shawn Carter Scholarship” put forth by The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF). The scholarship program is open to all high school seniors and undergraduate college students who are 25 years old or younger at the time of application.
You might also like:
All successful recipients of the Shawn Carter Scholarship are provided with the following benefits:
- Tuition expenses
- Supplemental Educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living.
- Expected grant of as much as $1500 to $2500
Eligibility Criteria for Shawn Carter Scholarship
To successfully qualify for the Shawn Carter Scholarship, interested candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below. Students pursuing their first undergraduate degree must be:
- High school seniors
- Students with GED diplomas
- Students enrolled in 2-year or 4-year undergraduate programs
- Students enrolled in vocational or trade schools
- 25 years old or younger
Additionally, eligible students must also have:
- A minimum 2.0 GPA
- A household income not exceeding $75,000 USD
Also check out:
- Marconi University International Scholarships in USA
- Ohio State University Grants and Scholarships
- University of Chicago Graduate Fellowship Program
- Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarships
- UFV International Excellence Entrance Scholarships
Application Procedure for Shawn Carter Scholarship
In order to successfully apply for the Shawn Carter Scholarship, you will need to carefully follow the instructions below:
- Please, do make sure to visit the official website after 1st April 2022. (Check the bottom of the article)
- Start your application early: Not only should you start applications early, but you should also complete it on time. The earlier you start the application, the better chance you have to submit the application before the deadline. You will also have more time to ask them questions in case any part of the process needs clarification.
- Give information about yourself: While telling them about yourself, make sure to use specific details when sharing your extracurricular activities. They do not know anything about you until you share it with them. Specific details can help them understand how great you are. The same thing can be said about your essay. They do not expect the essay to run too long but make sure your essay helps them learn more about you and your perspectives.
- Review your application for grammar and spelling errors.
- The photo is optional. If you decide to provide a photo, please send them a head shot from the shoulders up similar to an ID card.
For even more details about the Shawn Carter Scholarship, you may visit the following official website: Official Website.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022