ULAM Exchange 2022 Great Scholarship In Poland
Having a fully funded scholarship saves you from a debt. Many students graduate from college with huge loan debts. The thought of repaying all the money limits their education.
Having a scholarship, improves performance as it takes away all your financial concerns.
About the Program
The aim of the Ulam Programme is to increase the internationalisation of Polish institutions of science and higher education. The Programme will allow both recognized and promising scientists who hold at least a doctoral degree, to visit Poland in order to strengthen the scientific potential of Polish entities and to participate in their scientific activities, primarily research projects and didactics. The Programme will allow to invite scientists regardless of their age, from all around the world and representing all fields of science, including Polish scientists working permanently abroad (they may constitute a maximum of 10% of Fellows in the call). HEIs, scientific and research institutes will have the opportunity to invite specialists from their priority areas to Poland – they will make a significant contribution to the research conducted by a given institution, strengthen didactics or support the institution in applying for prestigious grants.
Activities to be carried out during the Scholarship may include:
- conducting research and/or development work
- post-doctoral training
- obtaining materials for scientific work or publication
In addition to the above activities, the visit may also include conducting didactic classes at the Host institution.
The visits under the Project can last from 6 to 24 months. The Programme provides financing for a Scholarship that covers the Fellow’s living allowance of PLN 10,000 a month, along with a mobility allowance.
The application under the Program shall be submitted also by a scientist with at least a doctoral degree or an equivalent degree obtained abroad, who, together with the institution of the Polish higher education and science system, has obtained the Seal of Excellence certificate under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships programme, 2020 edition.
Before applying for any scholarship, it is important to go through the eligibility criteria in order to know if you are qualified or not.
- Candidates can be from any part of the world except Poland.
- Candidates must conduct research in scientific fields during this program.
- Must be individual scientists holding a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must conduct research in scientific fields during this program
- The candidate’s degree must be from anywhere other than Poland
- Citizens of Poland who are working permanently aboard can apply for this program.
How To Apply
Below is how to apply for the ULAM exchange scholarship and also a you tube video to help you understand better.
- To apply for the ULAM exchange scholarship, candidates must first apply at any Polish institute in any scientific research field.
- Request an invitation letter from the Polish Institute.
- The candidate must cover six to twenty-four months in the institution.
- After fulfilling the requirements above, candidates can apply for the scholarship through the online portal.
- The deadline to apply for the academic exchange ULAM scholarship is 10 May 2022.
Click on this link to Apply
- The candidate who joins a Polish course will get PLN 5,000 for the course from the host organization.
- A living allowance of up to PLN 10,000 each month.
- Fellows from non-European countries will receive a one-off mobility allowance of PLN 12,000 with an additional allowance of PLN 5,000 for their spouse or underage child accompanying them to Poland
- If the candidate travels with an underage child, they will receive an extra PLN 1,000 for their stay in Poland.
- One-time mobility allowance worth PLN 7,000 for applicants of European countries. An additional PLN 2,000 for spouses or underage children if they accompany the fellow to Poland.
- If the candidate travels with their spouse to Poland for the scholarship program, they will receive an extra amount of PLN 2,000 as a travel allowance.
Other Important Details About the 2022 ULAM NAWA Program In Poland
- Three copies of any achievement certificate.
- A scientific resume.
- Copy of the invitation from the Polish institute where you intend to conduct your research.
- Documents should be in English if the originals are in any language other than English or Polish.
- Proof of work experience at any foreign HEI or foreign scientific/research center.
Deadline is May 10, 2022.
Documents for download
A special application track for scientists with the Seal of Excellence certificate
|The application under the Programme shall be submitted individually by a scientist with at least a doctoral degree or an equivalent degree obtained abroad, who, together with the institution of the Polish higher education and science system, has obtained the Seal of Excellence certificate under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships programme, 2021 edition (hereinafter referred to as “MSCA-IF”). NAWA recognizes the SoE certificate as a binding verification of the quality of the application.|
2.3. Date and form of submitting the proposal
|Deadline for submitting the application||The call for applications under the Programme will be conducted from 10 February to 10 May 2022 until 3:00 PM according to the official time in Poland.|
|Form of submitting the application||Application can be submitted by scientist only within the NAWA ICT system. In order to submit the application form, please register an account in the NAWA ICT system. Once you are logged in choose the option:
· All Applicants // SUBMIT AN APPLICATION//
· Applicants with certificate Seal of Excellence // SUBMIT AN APPLICATION//
|Language of the application||The application and its attachments shall be drawn up in English. Submitting a copy of the doctoral diploma in Polish shall be acceptable.|
|Maximum number of applications that may be submitted by the Applicant||The Applicant may submit only one application for financing in a given call under the Programme, covering a visit to one Host institution.|
2.4. The activities implemented under the Program
|1. As part of the Programme, possible visits are those whose objective include:
1) completing the first or a subsequent post-doctoral fellowship;
2) conducting scientific research;
3) obtaining materials for research or a scientific publication.
In addition to the above activities, the visit may also include conducting didactic classes at the Host institution.
2. The Applicant submits a plan for the scientific stay in Poland covering one or more of the above-mentioned activities that they intend to implement at a Host institution, by indicating its goals, relevance to the development of their academic career and justifying the Host institution’s choice for the planned activities and benefits of the stay for both the scientist and the institution. The Applicant encloses an invitation from the Host institution confirming the willingness to host them for the requested period and indicates the person responsible for coordination of the planned activities and Applicant’s visit and for supporting the Fellow in the successive completion of these activities.
2.5. Timeframe for the Project implementation
|Project start date||The visit under the Project cannot start earlier than on 1 January 2023 or later than on 1 October 2023.|
|Project duration||The length of stay may be from 6 to 24 months.|
|Project implementation period||1) The Project should be implemented on a continuous basis.
2) It is possible to suspend the Project for a period of not more than 3 months with the consent of the Host institution, and the suspension is only possible after the project has started. No funds are granted during the suspension of the Project implementation. Suspension of the Project implementation do not constitute grounds for increasing financing;
3) The period of stay outside the Host institution cannot be longer than 10% of the overall duration of stay. The period of stay outside the Host institution cannot be used in full or for the most part at the beginning or end of the Project implementation period (it cannot be used to shorten the Project implementation period).
2.6. Authorised Applicants
|The Programme can be attended by the natural person who:
1. jointly meets the following conditions:
1) is a scientist with at least a doctoral degree (should have a PhD degree at the time of the deadline for applications. Applicants who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered eligible to apply);
2) is employed at a foreign HEI or a foreign scientific/research centre or completed their previous employment contract after 31 August 2021. The employment is not required for persons who obtained their doctoral degree after 31 August 2021;
3) had not studied or worked in Poland within 3 years before the date of deadline of the call and did not live during this period in Poland continuously for more than three months (work in Poland is understood as employment under an employment contract in an entity based in the territory of the Republic of Poland or managing a research grant with an affiliation to the Polish scientific institution, if in this respect the salary was paid);
4) if the Applicant has implemented other NAWA projects, it is possible to apply when the scholarship has been settled and the agreement is considered as completed;
5) has minimum 3 achievements (from not earlier than 2017) out of the following:
a) a publication published in English, as the main author (especially first or correspondence), in journals included in one of the following international databases: Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index; or
b) a reviewed research monograph published in English; or
c) a publication in English in reviewed materials from an international conference listed by the Computing Research and Education Association of Australasia (CORE), indexed in the international DBLP Computer Science Bibliography database; or
d) a publication in English in reviewed materials from an international conference, indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection or Scopus database.
e) for the representatives of art studies – a proof of having made presentation of work of art in a foreign institution or an academic centre or having received a distinction in an international competition.
The Applicant can demonstrate 3 achievements under the same point (a, b, c, d or e), as well as 3 various achievements from among the indicated ones in point a-e.
6) has an invitation from the Host institution, which is a national entity having a scientific category.
2. has at least a doctoral degree or an equivalent degree obtained abroad, and has submitted together with the institution of the Polish higher education and science system, the application under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships programme, which received the Seal of Excellence certificate, and has an invitation from the Host institution, which is a national entity having a scientific category.
2.7. List of information and attachments required in the application
|1. A scientific resume of the Applicant according to the application form.
2. Scan of the doctoral diploma or a certificate of having attained a doctoral degree with an officially certified translation into English if the original is issued in a language other than English or Polish.
3. Scans of three required achievements in the form of attached PDF documents. In the case of publication, the full text of the publication should be attached. In the case of a monograph, please attach a file containing the cover page, page with the ISBN number, editorial page, table of contents and a selection of extracts containing the author’s most important theses – no more than 20 pages in total. In the case of representatives of the fine arts field, please attach the copy of a catalogue bearing the ISBN number confirming the fact of having made presentation of artwork at a foreign institution or an academic institution or a copy of a distinction received in an international competition, or any other formal confirmation of an artistic achievement.
4. Scan of employment confirmation issued by the human resources department or other document confirming the employment status at a foreign HEI or a foreign scientific/research centre after 31 August 2021; document should be in English and issued with the current date (not earlier than the date of announcement of the call). The document is not required if you obtained your doctoral degree after 31 August 2021.
5. Scan of the invitation from the Host institution, a template of which constitutes an attachment to the Announcement. The invitation should be issued with the current date and signed by the person authorised to represent the Host institution. The document shall be attached with a scan of power of attorney for such person.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
*In the case of a break in connection with a maternity, parental or health leave, please indicate the number of months by which the period of scientific achievements is extended and why.
*If the provided information or attached documents exceed the indicated limits – only the items within the limit which are listed first will be taken into account in the course of the merit-based evaluation.
*When attaching a scan of a document the Applicant should veil the photo. Attaching a document with a visible photo shall be tantamount to the consent to the processing of personal data in this regard.
List of information and attachments required in the application in case of a special application track for scientists with certificate Seal of Excellence
1. Electronic version of the application submitted to the MSCA-IF.
2. Reviews obtained as a result of the evaluation of the application submitted to the MSCA-IF.
3. Electronic version of the Seal of Excellence certificate
4. Scan of the invitation from the Host institution, a template of which constitutes an attachment to the Announcement, confirming the possibility of hosting the Fellow for the purpose of implementing by him/her the project within the full substantive extent planned in the application submitted to MSCA-IF, and signed by the person authorized to represent the Host institution. The document shall be attached with a scan of power of attorney for such person.