University of Saskatchewan 2022 Great Scholarships In Canada
The University of Saskatchewan is giving opportunity for all students all over the world granting scholarship. This scholarship can make your dream become a reality for as many of you that has always had a dream of studying in Canada.
About Saskatchewan University
The University of Saskatchewan (U of S, or USask) is a Canadian public research university, founded on March 19, 1907, and located on the east side of the South Saskatchewan River in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. An “Act to establish and incorporate a University for the Province of Saskatchewan” was passed by the provincial legislature in 1907. It established the provincial university on March 19, 1907 “for the purpose of providing facilities for higher education in all its branches and enabling all persons without regard to race, creed or religion to take the fullest advantage”.
The University of Saskatchewan is the largest education institution in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The University of Saskatchewan is one of Canada’s top research universities (based on the number of Canada Research Chairs) and is a member of the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities (the 15 most research-intensive universities in Canada).
Why you Should Study In Canada
While studying in Canada, students are permitted to take up part time jobs both on campus and off campus. While studying, no international students are required to obtain a work permit when working on campus. There are also many job opportunities off campus that are readily available near universities such as hostels, hotels, general labor, tutor, child care, restaurants, etc. Once an international student has graduated, they can work in Canada for up to 3 years!
Beautiful Country and Environment
Canada is one of the most beautiful countries in the world as it holds many different landscapes and terrains. Students studying in Canada can enjoy the nature, explore the wilderness, navigate the large cities, lay by the beaches, and visit the thousands of tourist attractions. Canada holds colleges and universities on coastal lines of both the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean.
Education and Scholarship
Canada is plain and simple one of the best places to gain higher education. Both the universities and the Canadian Government provide benefits for international students. The high academic standards and quality education help provide the students with the best education to go out into the real world and start careers. International students have the opportunity to gain a valuable education at a lower rate than many countries around the world. Not only just the College tuition can be lower, but there are also many scholarship opportunities for international students.
You’ll learn with the best and brightest
Canada is recognized worldwide for our outstanding quality of education—from elementary school to post-secondary studies. Our educators are highly trained and bring diverse perspectives to the classroom. At the university level, 2 out of every 5 academics hold at least 1 international degree. And we have 10 of the top 250 universities worldwide. In our opinion, there’s no better place to learn! Need more convincing? Watch our student stories.
The cost to study and live there is affordable
Canada is known for having some of the lowest university tuition fees among English-speaking countries. Whatever your budget may be, you’ll find something just right for you in our diverse range of education options. Research the cost of post-secondary programs and living expenses in the city or town of your choice so you can prepare your budget.
English is everywhere
English and French are both official languages in Canada and share equal status, but anywhere you choose to go in Canada, you can easily survive just by speaking and communicating in English. However, while in Canada, you can seize the opportunity and learn some French or brush up your French language skills.
All universities from Canada offer English-taught degrees for all Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level, so your main concern is to simply find a field of study according to your preferences.
Many of the top-ranked universities in the world are in Canada
Universities from Canada have a long history and reputation in terms of academic performance and high graduate employability rate. In fact, many of the Canadian higher educational institutions compete with leading and famous universities from the U.S. and the UK for instance.
Some of the top-ranked Canadian universities are:
- University of Toronto (top 30 best universities in Canada in THE)
- University of British Columbia (top 40 best universities in Canada in THE)
- McGill University (top 50 best universities in Canada in THE)
- University of Montreal (top 150 best universities in Canada in THE)
- University of Alberta (top 150 best universities in Canada in THE)
Before applying for any scholarship, it is important to know if you are qualified for such scholarship, so to be eligible for this scholarship, you must have the following requirements;
- Bachelors scholarship: to apply for a bachelor’s degree, applicants must be a secondary school student outside of Canada.
- For Master’s degree: applicants must have a 4-year BS degree, or similar, from an acknowledged school or college
- For Doctorate Degree: applicants must have a master’s degree or transcripts to get admission to the Ph.D. program.
- English Language Proficiency Verification: IELTS, TOEFL – if applicants cannot pass the IELTS, opt for Duolingo English Test. It is simpler and easier than IELTS.
- Deadline: The last date of submission varies per program, please see award official webpage.
How to Apply For Saskatchewan University Scholarship
- The applicants need to apply Online
- Discover the Program
- Check the affirmation Requirements and afterward Apply.
Click on the Official Page to Apply
You can watch the you tube video below for better understanding on how to apply for this scholarship
Benefits of University of Saskatchewan Scholarships
Recipients of University of Saskatchewan Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- The scholarship provides full tuition, accommodation, and board, and necessary textbooks for students who are applying for 2nd or 3rd-year courses.
- A maximum of six candidates is qualified for each scholarship, which is controlled by the Office of the University Registrar.
- The scholarship gives a competitive funding package that empowers students to embark on their academic career ambition at the University of Saskatchewan without being economically underprivileged while doing so.
Duration of These Scholarships
Undergraduate: The scholarship is 4 years
Master: The scholarship is 2 years
Doctoral (Ph.D.): Required 3 years for Ph.D. degree
Fields Offered by the University of Saskatchewan
- Agriculture and Plants
- Business & Economics
- Environment and Earth Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Indigenous Programs
- History and Culture
- Languages and Communications
- Engineering programs
- Technology, and Physics
- Society & Law