Applications for the Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships 2022-2023 are now open. These are partially funded scholarships for international students who would like to study in Austria, available for undergraduate and masters studies. This scholarship covers up to a maximum of 21,000 Euros of tuition per academic year. The Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships consists of three different types of scholarships.
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
Host Institution: Webster Vienna Private University
Study in: Austria
Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available courses
Duration of Program: 4 years
Required Language: English; proven English proficiency of the scholarship student is crucial
Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Webster Vienna Scholarships: This scholarship provide up to 7,000 € Award Per Academic year for masters and up to 10,000 € Award Per Academic year for undergraduate.
- Borealis Social Scholarship: This scholarship covers 21,000 Euros of tuition per academic year.
- Borealis Excellence Award: This scholarship provide 10,000 € Award Per Academic year.
Eligibility Criteria for Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships
The requirements to be followed in order to be eligible depends on the type of scholarship you would like to apply for:
Webster Vienna Scholarships:
For this type of scholarship, students must:
- have Minimum 3.0 GPA
- have minimum B2 English proficiency
- have financial need
- write good essay and recommendations
- be newly accepted undergraduate students starting in Fall 2022
Borealis Social Scholarship:
- On a scale of 4.0, eligible students should have achieved a cumulative academic GPA (Grade Point Average) between 3.5 and 4.0 The student must be accepted into the undergraduate program in accordance with the standard admissions requirements of Webster Vienna Private University
- The Scholarship student must be enrolled full-time
- If it is not established that the student is a native English speaker, then test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or Cambridge Advanced Certificate (CAE) scores are required prior to admission
- Students accepted on probation or those who need to take ESLG (English as a second language) classes are not eligible
Borealis Excellence Award:
- On a scale of 4.0, eligible students have to demonstrate outstanding academic excellence and must hold and maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) between 3.8 and 4.0 after completing their first academic year at Webster Vienna
- The student must be accepted into the undergraduate program in accordance with the standard admissions requirements of Webster Vienna Private University
- The Scholarship student must be enrolled full-time. Full-time students complete a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
NOTE: Extra-curricular activities in relation to the studies (contests, events, meet-ups, etc.) will be evaluated during the selection procedure
Application Procedure for Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships
Before you start filling out the online application form, you will need to prepare the following documents to be uploaded when asked to:
- Your acceptance letter: to prove that you have been accepted to a full degree program a
- Financial motivation letter: This should be a document written by the applicant explaining his or her financial background, how the scholarship would help finance her/his education and why she or he deserves the scholarship.
- Official financial documents: These include salary slips, employer or pension confirmation of respective net earnings. These are officially translated into English if not already in English. Unless all amounts are stated iEURUR as required, please convert the amounts intEURUR and indicate which rate was used and no bank account statements are accepted. In case of self-employment, please submit the company information and an official letter stating net earnings (iEURUR).
Finally, you will need to compose an original essay in English on one of the two topics provided below in a 1000-1200-word essay:
- Many students at Webster Vienna Private University have cultural heritage, skill, or talent that defines them and enriches the lives of their peers. If you hold such an interest or have a unique background, please share more in your essay;
- Many believe that we learn from our mistakes. In your essay, describe a situation or experience where you learned from failure. Explain the situation, what actions you took, and how you learned from this experience.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022 / November 30, 2022